Just for Writers
Hi friend! I am so glad you’re here. Let’s be honest: writing for God is both a rewarding and challenging calling. Thankfully, He does not ask us to walk this journey alone. God is with us. Not only that, but He calls us to serve Him together by building each other up. We are “one body with many parts.”
In short: we need each other. That’s why I created these workshops and resources especially with you in mind.
Am I Ready to Write a Bible Study?
In this engaging and energetic video workshop, you will:
• Consider 10 key questions to ask yourself before writing a Bible study
• Explore different types of studies and decide which is right for you
• Be ready to draft a professional query letter specific for Bible studies
40 minute video workshop (streaming; requires internet connection)
Printable course handouts (PDF)
BONUS: Free sample professional query letter (PDF)
OPTIONAL ADD-ON: Professional book proposal template
Coaching with Shadia
Zoom coaching session(s) with Shadia where YOU set the agenda.
Some examples include:
- Brainstorm your ideas for a non-fiction book or Bible study
- Help organize your book (identify major themes, determine best structure, create outline)
- Help get “unstuck” in your query letter or book proposal (non-fiction)
- Discuss your writing and publishing dreams, struggles, or questions, and identify next steps
- Establish practical steps for investing in your spiritual life (quiet times, prayer, sabbath)
Send me an email to schedule your FREE 15-minute initial coaching call to see if coaching is right for you.
Outline Your Bible Study in 10 Easy Steps
Writing a Bible study can be a daunting task—unless you have a plan. Together, we will walk through 10 steps to develop a clear, working outline of your Bible study, including help on crafting your chapter summaries (key if you plan to submit a formal book proposal).
BONUS: Sample Chapter Summaries
You have a message to share. You want your writing to minister to those whom God entrusts to your care. Yet, even if your writing is not specifically aimed at teaching about God or the Bible, it’s still possible to inadvertently err in theology or biblical accuracy. That’s where a formal biblical and theological review can help. Being a self-professed Bible nerd (with a masters in biblical and theological studies), I am passionate about helping writers represent our Lord and His Word reverently and accurately. In addition to these services, I offer general content editing as well as feedback for your book proposal or query letter.
• Biblical & theological review, editing, and feedback of your manuscript for theological soundness and biblical accuracy
• Content editing for structure, flow, themes, reader takeaways, rhythm and general continuity (non-fiction)
• Non-fiction book (or Bible study) proposal review, edit, and feedback
• Non-fiction query letter review, edit, and feedback
Send me an email to schedule your FREE 15-minute initial consultation to discuss your project.
Let’s Stay Connected!
Join Shadia’s Brave the Deep ministry community today!