Tamar Online Bible Study begins September 12, 2022!
Weekly zoom meetings with Shadia, physical copy of TAMAR: Rediscovering the God Who Redeems Me Bible Study book (shipping rates apply), streaming access to all video teaching sessions, and more! View THIS PAGE for complete details.
Nothing can thwart God’s plan for your life —not even you.
If God can choose the Canaanite Tamar to continue the line through which Christ would come, can anything keep Him from weaving your story into His redemptive plan?
“If you enjoy squeezing every delicious drop of truth from the stories found in Scripture . . . you are in very good hands!” – Liz Curtis-Higgs, best-selling author and speaker
Watch 1-minute promo:
Video Sessions and Run Times (Total time approx. 2.5 hours):
- SESSION ONE: Watch Shadia’s powerful opening message as she introduces us to a young girl who suffered multiple injustices, but whose bold choices forever altered the trajectory of human history. 16 minutes
- SESSION TWO: Shadia begins by tracing the generations of the famous, but dysfunctional family that Tamar would marry into. All along the way, we encounter lying, betrayal, stealing . . . yet through it all, God is working out His sovereign plan behind the seen. 17 minutes
- SESSION THREE: During this session, Shadia unveils the consequences of Judah’s poor choices. But when it comes time for Judah to seek a wife for his firstborn son, Tamar steps onto the scene – and into God’s redemptive story. 20 minutes
- SESSION FOUR: In this dramatic session, Shadia invites us to step into Tamar’s sandals by providing us with an unforgettable glimpse into what life might have been like for young Tamar, who suffered not one, but two abusive husbands. 27 minutes
- SESSION FIVE: Through captivating teaching, Shadia recounts events which, within the bounds of God’s sovereignty, begin to turn the tide in Tamar’s favor. Refusing to give in to self-pity, Tamar rises above her circumstances – with consequences that echo into eternity. 28 minutes
- SESSION SIX: Like Tamar, all of us face times when we struggle with doubt, suffer injustice, or experience betrayal. Listen as Shadia unfolds the beauty of God’s faithfulness as He uses Judah’s mistakes to welcome Tamar into His covenant family. 24 minutes
- SESSION SEVEN: In this last session, Shadia challenges us to recognize that though there may be times when we are like Judah or Tamar – trying to do things our own way or pretending to be something we’re not – when God makes us His own, He will redeem it all for His glory. 24 minutes