HAGAR: Rediscovering the God Who Sees Me is an in-depth, 7-Week Bible study by Shadia Hrichi.
Through this seven week study, you will find that when you surrender your life into God’s hands, your trials and triumphs serve a magnificent purpose: to draw you into the arms of the faithful God Who Sees Me.
Leader Kit includes:
- Promo Video (download mp4)
- 8 Video sessions (download mp4) – In both Standard 1080p format AND Full HD Hi Bitrate format
- Group Study Tips (PDF) to help accommodate varying time constraints
- Printable Scripture cards (PDF)
* NOTE: This product is an electronic download. (Study book sold separately)
VIDEO SESSION DETAILS: Watch the Introductory Session before you begin. Then, watch Sessions One through Seven after completing Weeks One through Seven in the study. Introductory Session is 16 minutes; Sessions One through Seven are between 20 and 25 minutes in length.
- Introductory Session: God, do You see me? Every human heart is searching for the answer to this question. Watch Shadia as she provides an engaging overview and powerful introduction to Hagar’s story. You’ll laugh, you’ll ponder precious truths, and you’ll rejoice in being reminded that the Almighty Ruler of the universe is also the intimate “God Who Sees Me.”
- Session One: Through captivating dramatizations, Shadia traces Hagar’s origins through the story of Abraham and Sarah. Could what appears to be a disastrous detour into Egypt actually be a part of God’s sovereign plan? In this session, viewers will discover that God is always present – even in the detours.
- Session Two: Shadia shows the depths of God’s compassion through the eyes of a runaway slave. Used, abused, barefoot and pregnant, Hagar flees into the desert and comes face to face with The God Who Sees Me.
- Session Three: In this session, Shadia teaches how to rest on God’s promises when your world is falling apart.While Ishmael is not, in fact, the promised child, God blesses Hagar’s son…but an even greater trial awaits…
- Session Four: Witness God’s power and plan as Shadia explores the banishment of Hagar and Ishmael into the wilderness. The place where God displays His mercy and invites Hagar into His holy work.
- Session Five: Tracing the events in Genesis 22, Shadia teaches the value in surrendering to God’s plan for your future. The same God who saw Hagar’s suffering in the wilderness is the same God who will provide a solution to an even greater need.
- Session Six: Examine the beauty and power of God’s ultimate gift: the sacrifice of His Son. Just as we identify with Hagar’s suffering, Jesus identifies with ours. Why did He do it? What did He see? Shadia answers this question and more in this powerful session.
- Session Seven: In this final session, Shadia reveals that Hagar is not forgotten. In fact, she was victorious! In the same way, if we define the turning points of our lives not by the tragedies, but by the triumphs, we will discover that our trials serve a magnificent purpose: to draw us into the loving arms of El Roi, theGod Who Sees Me.
BENEFITS: When life hurts, we feel betrayed and cry out one question: God, do You see me? The answer is yes! He is working behind the seen. In this series, your group will:
- Witness the depths of God’s compassion through the eyes of a runaway slave
- Discover fascinating insights by diving deep into the story of Hagar
- Understand how Hagar’s story fits in God’s eternal plan
- Fall in love with Jesus all over again as they rediscover that even when life hurts, there is a “God Who Sees Me”
AUTHOR: Shadia Hrichi is a passionate Bible teacher, author, and speaker who has a heart for seeing lives transformed by the power of God’s Word. Having experienced many heartbreaks, including abortion, date rape, divorce, and more, she captures the hearts of her audience as she illustrates, through personal experience, God’s love, faithfulness, and power of redemption. Shadia has received a master’s in Biblical and Theological Studies from Western Seminary as well as a master’s in Criminal Justice from the State University of New York.
Shadia is the author of various books and Bible studies, including her newest study, LEGION: Rediscovering the God Who Rescues Me, endorsed by Francine Rivers, Dr. Phyllis Bennett-Western Seminary, and others, and HAGAR: Rediscovering the God Who Sees Me, endorsed by Bible Study Magazine (Faithlife, maker of LOGOS Bible Software), international best-selling authors Francine Rivers and Chris Tiegreen, and many others. Her Bible study, Worthy of Love: A Journey of Hope and Healing After Abortion, is endorsed by Theresa Ingram (wife of pastor and author Chip Ingram), Brian Fisher (President of Human Coalition), and is being used by numerous pregnancy centers, churches, and ministries throughout the US and Canada.
Whether serving as a keynote, retreat speaker, or workshop presenter, Shadia stirs the hearts and minds of her audiences through personal story, illustration, and the power of God’s Word. Shadia’s passion to see God’s people live courageously in light of eternity is simply contagious. Currently residing in northern California, Shadia serves at Venture Christian Church and loves to visit the ocean each week for “a date with Jesus.”